Monday, October 17, 2005

Lathrop religious legacy

As you read about Lathrop relatives you will notice a significant number of relatives that have served as ministers of many faiths. I am emboldened to say that our family has a religious legacy to discover, share and treasure. Beginning with Rev. John Lothropp a pioneer of the Congregationalist faith, generations of Lathrop's have passed along a strong interest in faith.

Links to ordained relative's respective pages can be found on this page. Biographical information is needed to help with the discovery of the Lathrop family religious legacy. Please include your discoveries about ordained relatives by posting comments on this page below.

  1. Rev. John Lothropp (1584-1653) Anglican/Non-Separatist Congregationalist- genealogy
  2. Lucien Bonaparte Lathrop (1800-1873) Universalist- genealogy
  3. John Howland Lathrop (1880-1967) Unitarian- biography
  4. Rev. Gordon W. Lathrop (?) Lutheran- biography

2 Comments:

Blogger Luci said...

My father was Rev B Edward Lathrop. He started out as an EUB minister in the 30's and went with them when they joined with the Methodist to become the United Methodist. He retired in the 1970's having served pastorates in Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Iowa. My father's brother, Armon was also a minister, as was his brother, John who became an Army chaplain in World War II. My grandfather, Frank H. Lathrop was a Methodist minister. His brother, Armon, was a minister and also we think another brother, but we'd have to check that out. Frank's father was Elias T Lathrop, whose wife, Susan Pratt , was related to Joesph Smith of the
Mormon Church. Elias's father was William Lathrop of New York state. Also my cousin, Donald, was a Nazarene pastor in Hawaii.
We have heard that there has been at least one minister in every generation of our family up thru my generation.
Luci imagegl@yahoo.com

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am very interested to learn more about the Lathrop genealogy. I also have Elias T. Lathrop and Susan A Pratt as gg grandparents. I have William Lathrop(birthplace NY) and Frances Thompson as the parents of Elias.
I would love to learn more about this part of my family. I am hoping I am headed in the right direction. Any help appreciated.
nanacg3343@gmail.com

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home