Sunday, January 23, 2005

Luther Lathrop search

My great grandfather was John Wesley Lathrup, son of Luther Lathrop and Miami Woodworth. (All living in Wayne Michigan 1880 census) (The Lathrups all stayed in Michigan, in fact Lathrup Village, Michigan is JWs land, then his daughter, Louise's. My Luther would have been born in Vermont around 1818 - 1819. Your Howland is the only Lathrop I can find with a son possibly named Luther. Do you think that could be my Luther??
Any background on him would be appreciated. Miami I can follow back, but Luther hits a wall. We had heard he was a boat captain, (as was his wife's brother Nelson)

Question by Joan Ridgeway

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you, but unless you're younger than maybe 25, you are not actually descended from the Luther Lathrup who founded Lathrup Village and died at Eloise. The family has kept in reasonably close contact, and your name isn't one that anyone seems to know.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Joan Ridgeway said...

Annie Lathrup and her daughter Louise, founders of Lathrup Village, are my great-grandmother and great-aunt, respectively.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home